Asset types describe the models or names of the devices, tools, service items, and other assets added to Trackinno.
You can access the Asset types page from the desktop version's side menu. In the page you can see
- all the asset types added to the system,
- how many assets there are in each asset type
- how many assets of each asset type are available and in use,
- in which category the asset type belongs to.
Adding a new asset type
- Click New asset type button on the upper right corner of the Asset types page.
- Fill in a name for the asset type.
- Select the asset type's category from the list.
- Click Create asset type.
- Fill in the other information.
After clicking the Create asset type button you can fill in the asset type's information. At least determine are the asset type's assets uniquely identifiable assets or lots with a balance.
- Single asset is an asset, that has its own unique identifier (e.g. Trackinno tag).
- Lots are assets that are not uniquely identifiable. Lots are stored in location X and have a balance Y. This kind of assets can be for example paints and gloves.
In the image below, there is an example of an asset with a balance.
You can add new data fields for the asset type by clicking Manage properties. You can add a unit of measure, such as pcs., l (liters), or m (meters), for the asset type in the Storage unit field.
The fields added to the Asset type information section are common fields for all the assets of that type.
On the contrary, fields in the Additional fields section can be filled individually for each asset of that type. These can be for example serial number and calibration date.